Saturday, October 16, 2010

Couscous Festival!

Chef Farid Zadi is an inspiring chef.  I learned a great deal about the cooking of North Africa from his work, which I featured on I Cook The World.  Chef Zadi's Couscous Festival takes place this weekend, October 16-17, at his new cooking school Ecole de Cuisine Pasadena.

Couscous is just one of those words I love saying, like bubble, elbow, and patchouli.

Along with Chef Zadi and Executive Chef Susan Park, guest lecturers include Paula Wolfert, Clifford Wright, Charles Perry and Faye Levy.  There will be music throughout the day including some Saharan blues.  Blues, mint tea and couscous!  Events like this remind me why I love Southern California.  Hope to see you there.

Tickets must be purchased in advance for one of two sessions on either Saturday or Sunday.  Your ticket price includes food samplings.  Tickets available at Couscous Festival. $20 per session. 


No comments:

Post a Comment